Thursday, April 4, 2013

Speak Lord, I'm Listening

1 Samuel 3:10 NLT
And the Lord came and called as before, “Samuel! Samuel!”
And Samuel replied, “Speak, your servant is listening.”

If you read the previous verses in this chapter, you will learn that Samuel has just discerned God's voice.  Once he did, he made himself available to God to receive the message that God was giving him.

Quite often in our lives, we're so busy with tons of things that we don't even set aside time to hear what God is saying to us. We often pray but we rarely make time to listen.

If you desire a more intimate and meaningful relationship with your Savior, I encourage you to set aside a specific time in your day where you can commune with God uninterrupted: no TV, no spouse, no kids, no cell phone, no Internet or anything else that will distract you.  Make yourself available to Him.  I often find that it is those times when I'm by myself that I receive all of the inspiration, direction and encouragement I need from God.  It is in those quiet moments that I receive my fill of Him.

God is waiting for you to make yourself available and say, "Speak Lord, I'm listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment