Wednesday, May 1, 2013

No More Bubbles

Proverbs 4:13 NIV Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding

My toddler loves bubble baths.  Mommy does too! Well for some reason, when I'm taking my bubble bath, I cannot get her out of the bathroom. She is essentially soaking up her clothes because she is too busy reaching over into my tub full of bubbles attempting to blow them into my face.  Recently, we had a "bubble fight" and I blew bubbles into her eyes. I wiped the bubbles off with a dry towel and we continued to play. Well, apparently she enjoyed it because she then started rubbing bubbles into her own eyes (on purpose)!

I, of course, requested that she stop but she would rub bubbles in her eyes and then say, "ouch mommy, it's itching."  She continued to do this about 3 times until I distracted her by sending her out of the room to do something else.

Most of her shenanigans cause me to say something to her that in return, the Holy Spirit speaks to me.  In this particular instance, I thought about how we as Christians, continue to put "bubbles" in our eyes even when we know that it will cause some level of discomfort.  We often know what the outcome will be when we do things like overeat (gluttony), procrastinate, lie, hold grudges, etc. but we continue to do them anyway?  Why do we keep putting these "bubbles" in our eyes?  Why do we continue to do things that will pull us away from God? Why do we not spend time reading our bibles, studying or praying?

Whatever your answers are to those questions, I pray that you recognize them for what they are: excuses and ploys of the enemy to keep you right where you are.

I pray that as you go about your day today, you refuse to put any more "bubbles" in your eyes and that you are encouraged to walk along the path that God has created for you! Once you know better, you should do better. Walk in wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment