Monday, September 14, 2020

You

“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish. (Matthew 18:12-14 NIV)


What is the last thing you turned your house upside down to find? Keys? Though you have a set of spare keys. An earring? Though you have a jewelry box filled with earrings. (I know what you're thinking here. Yea, I have more but none of them match the one I lost or the one I lost is my favorite pair.) Was it the remote control? A pen? Though you have a drawer full of them.

For me, I believe it was a hair accessory. I rummaged through my bathroom drawers several times before I found it. And though I have others, I needed to find the one that was missing. I couldn't let myself walk away knowing I had somehow lost it. Or maybe it was nail polish? Either way, the same mindset applies.

To anyone else, I'm sure I seemed crazy for spending so much time searching for one small item, but it was important to me. The same can be said about you and me in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. We are important to God. When our hearts and ways are far from Him, He cares. It is in those times that we are the "one lost sheep" He will seek to bring back into His loving arms, even when the world will throw us away.

Be encouraged in knowing that even if it's only you that God needs to restore unto Him, He will do what it takes. My friend, you are loved by God.



I'm excited to share that, Pursuit, my new Bible study, will be available on 10/15/20. Pre-order it now: www.natashafrazier.com



No comments:

Post a Comment