Sunday, November 22, 2015

Always Hungry

For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. (Psalm 107:9)

As I was going through my daily task of cleaning the kitchen and sweeping the floor of the many crumbs and food pieces that seemed to find their way down, no matter what I cooked, I thought of how my children are always asking for snacks.

Before we leave the childcare center each day, they both grab a snack on the way out of the door. To keep down the fuss, I allow them to eat the snack in the car, even though I know their car seats will be filled with crumbs later.

By the time we make it home, they rush to the pantry only to raid it for more snacks. Depending on how much longer it takes for dinner to be ready, I allow one more snack. I’m sure you know what’s next, right? They ask for another snack after scarfing down whatever they just ate in a matter of minutes.

I remember coming home from school feeling like I was going to starve but I am amazed every single day that they don’t seem to get enough–even after dinner, they want more snacks.
I found myself saying, “You guys are always hungry,” but then I felt a nudge in my spirit saying, 
“What if you were always hungry for me?” And I had to pause. How much better would my relationship with God be if I were always hungry for more of Him and fed that hunger with His Word, with prayer, with praise or with worship?

Though my soul constantly thirsts for more of God, I don’t always take time to get my fill of Him. What about you? Are you hungry and thirsty for the Lord? Are you getting your fill of Him? Today I encourage you to join me in feasting upon the Word of God and spending time in His presence. Our kids don’t rest until their tummies are full, why don’t we do the same for our spirit?


Prayer: Heavenly Father, I want and need more of You. Today I’m choosing to replenish my soul by spending time meditating on Your Word and Your Ways, In Jesus’ name, thank You for always being willing to fill me, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment