Thursday, April 18, 2013

Find Your Strength!

1 Samuel 30:6-8 NLT David was now in great danger because all his men were very bitter about losing their sons and daughters, and they began to talk of stoning him. But David found strength in the Lord his God. Then he said to Abiathar the priest, “Bring me the ephod!” So Abiathar brought it. Then David asked the Lord, “Should I chase after this band of raiders? Will I catch them?”
And the Lord told him, “Yes, go after them. You will surely recover everything that was taken from you!”

David came back to find that he and his army lost everything (including family).  His men then started speaking of stoning him.  In the midst of all that, David found strength in the Lord.

How did he find strength in the Lord?
1. He sought after God for direction.
2. In return, God answered his prayers and told him that he would be restored!! So refreshing!

God is faithful and His Word is true.  Even in today's time, God can restore you!  You may lose your job, possessions or family but God can give that all back to you (remember Job?); He simply wants your obedience and faithfulness.  I've been in a place where I lost my job [even with my degrees and certification, I was certain that I am one of the best qualified. I thought if I ever lost a job, I could get another quickly because of my credentials.  None of that happened the way I thought it would.  It took 6 months to find employment again, however, I learned through it all that most importantly, God wanted my heart. He wanted me to seek Him!] So, I can testify that God is certainly faithful.

I encourage you to find your strength in Him daily. Seek Him daily! Love Him daily!

Have a blessed rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment