Friday, March 15, 2013

Have you moved yet?

Judges 6:17 NLT Gideon replied, “If you are truly going to help me, show me a sign to prove that it is really the Lord speaking to me.


Judges 6:36-40 NLT Then Gideon said to God, “If you are truly going to use me to rescue Israel as you promised, prove it to me in this way. I will put a wool fleece on the threshing floor tonight. If the fleece is wet with dew in the morning but the ground is dry, then I will know that you are going to help me rescue Israel as you promised.” Then Gideon said to God, “Please don’t be angry with me, but let me make one more request. Let me use the fleece for one more test. This time let the fleece remain dry while the ground around it is wet with dew.” So that night God did as Gideon asked. The fleece was dry in the morning, but the ground was covered with dew.
 
So often God speaks to our hearts and we allow the opportunity to act on the directive(s) to pass us by because of fear and/or uncertainty. We often question, “Lord, is that you?” “Are you sure you want me to do that?” “Can I do it later? You know, after I’ve done _____?”

Even after the questioning, we ask God to “show” us if it’s really Him. We ask for signs like Gideon in today’s meditational readings. I guarantee that if you’ve asked for a sign then you have received it. Did you miss it or did you ignore it?

Take a moment to think about what it is you have been called to do in this season of your life and your conversations with God about it. What are you waiting for? Why haven’t you moved in the direction that you’ve been called? Today is a new day filled with God’s new mercies and grace. The Lord is with you (v. 12 and 16). It’s time to move!

Many blessings to you this day! I pray that you do not miss an opportunity to be all that you were created to be!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post...kind of mirrors my week. LOL! Have a good one ;)

    ReplyDelete