Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Becoming more...

Still discussing The Proverbs 31 Woman:

Proverbs 31:13-15 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. She is like a merchant’s ship,
bringing her food from afar. She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.

By reading and meditating on Proverbs 31:13-15, I learn that this woman of virtue is business minded, smart and diligent.  I can also tell that she is a planner and a very organized person.

Let's start with verse 13:  She makes her own clothes!  Today, I know that it is highly unlikely that many of us would make our own clothes.  We don't have to make them but we can make better choices when purchasing them.  We can assure that we buy quality items and that we do not spend up all of our money doing so.  We can also make sure that they are wholesome and that our parts are covered. ;-)  In addition, this shows that she is not afraid to work.  She is working hard to get what she wants and needs.

In the following verse (14), the scripture says that she brings her food from afar.  This tells me that she makes sure that she buys the best foods for her family.  She takes the time to plan and seek out what is best.

In the final verse for today (verse 15), we see that she gets up early to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day's work for her servant girls.  This tells me that she is very organized and diligent. She's a planner.  She does whatever it takes to make sure that her house is in order. Getting up early is no easy task...at least it isn't for me.  I have to give myself something to do to rise before dawn.  On the mornings I wake up early, I have more time to plan my day and get everything done in the mornings that need to get done. 

So here is what I've learned today:  As a Proverbs 31 Woman, I must work hard, do what's best for my family and remain organized and diligent.  So why don't you join me today and purposing in your heart to work hard, put your family first and remain (or become) organized and diligent.  Our families certainly needs us to be those things. 

Be encouraged today and give someone a smile! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment