Sunday, November 15, 2015

Praise

I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. (Psalm 34:1)

We were all in the car heading to church one morning when my husband glanced over at me, smiled and said, “Hearing him sing a song with my name in it makes me feel really good.”

You see, Ethan, our son who was one year old at the time, often made up songs with the words Mommy and Daddy in them. Of course there were other words but who could make out what they were? They often went something like “Daddy, Daddy, Daddy,” (repeat 20 times) or “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy.” (repeat 20 times) It is so cute and it really does bring about a warm refreshing feeling. That was one of his ways of showing affection for us as his parents. How do we show our affection or love towards God?

When my husband made that comment to me, I couldn’t help but wonder about how God must be pleased when we sing praises unto Him. The bible reminds us over and over again in the book of Psalms to sing praises unto God. Have you had a song in your heart lately?

Today, I encourage you to offer up a song of praise to God no matter how you’re feeling. I can assure you that it will change your perspective in whatever you’re dealing with and help shift your focus back to God. So go ahead, make God smile today!


Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of song. Even if I am musically challenged, please accept my praise as I lift You up in song today. Let my song be a reminder to me of who you are in my life and a reflection of my love for You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment