Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Just Because You Cannot See

Hey guys!

I know...it's been a long time. I'm working on doing better so here I am! :-) I'm going to spend the next several months primarily talking about how my interactions with my children often remind me of God's love for me. I hope that these will entertain you a little and inspire you much.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV)

We were riding in two separate cars. My husband in his car and myself and kids in the other. We had just left Firestone, paying for the repairs on my husband’s vehicle and were on our way back home. It was late in the evening and my daughter had already taken a short nap that day but apparently it wasn’t enough because she was relatively cranky. Everything bothered her and she whined and questioned everything.

So during the drive home, she whined and constantly asked where her daddy was. I kept telling her that he was right behind us. He left immediately after we did. After going through this series of the same questions and same responses about ten times, she says, “I can’t see him” and then continues to whine more. I then reminded her, “Just because you cannot see him, doesn’t mean he isn’t there!”
Somewhere in between my agitation at her constant whining, the Lord reminded me of His Presence. “Natasha, just because you cannot see Me, doesn’t mean I am not here.” My moment of agitation with her immediately shifted to God’s patience with me.

Hopefully I am not the only one who sometimes get frustrated when things aren’t going the way I think they should go and wonder exactly where God is and how He is going to work the situation out. I’m going to assume that I’m not and simply remind you that just because you cannot “physically” see Him, doesn’t mean He isn’t there.

Has there been an area of your life where it seems that God is not present? An unanswered prayer perhaps? Today I encourage you to take a few moments and meditate on today’s scripture and to think back over the area where you feel He isn’t present. You will likely find that He is present but not in the way that you have expected.


Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You are ever present and will never leave me nor forsake me. In tough times, help me find comfort in Your presence. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment