Tuesday, June 12, 2012

God speaks through dreams too

Good morning!

I'd like to share something with you all that I read a few nights ago that resonated with my spirit!  In Daniel 7:1, Daniel had a dream and saw visions as he lay in his bed.  He wrote down the dream...

I thought that was very interesting because I believe that this is one of the ways that God speaks to us (through our dreams).  This is where many of our visions come from.  When I was in grad school, whenever I would have a dream or any kind of thought while I laid in bed, I would get up and write it down.  I think its very important that we get up and write them down.  How many times have you dreamed about something, knew it was important, woke up the next morning and could not remember it?

Writing the dream down will allow us to envision in the conscious state what God is trying to say to us.  Sometimes the dreams may be very clear and we know exactly what God is saying.  Other times, we need to pray about it more.

I know that getting up out of your sleep is not a fun thing to do but I believe its well worth it.  I just had a dream two nights ago and I "thought" about getting up to write it down but was too "something" to do it.  I have no idea what that dream was about now.

Even if you think (or know) you will remember it when you wake up, write it down anyway.  Write it as a reminder to yourself of how God spoke to you and gave you insight.  The next time you need God to speak to you, you will have a reminder that He has done it before and that He will do it again. (It may not be in the same way) He is faithful!

I thought this was awesome and I hope that it encourages you today! Wishing you many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment